Sunday, July 30, 2006

CHIANG MAI, THAILAND

Kyle, Chris, and I had signed up to take an all-day Thai cooking course today at the guesthouse/restaurant across the street. Unfortunately, last night I came down with a wicked stomach bug that had me puking my guts out for much of the night (and some of the morning, too). When I got up, I was still feeling pretty queasy, and believe me, the last thing I wanted to do was spend the day in a hot kitchen staring at green curry paste, fish sauce, and giant prawns.

So while they took the class, I stayed in bed and watched bad TV, including lots of American cartoons dubbed in Thai. I have to admit, they did a pretty good job with Scooby-Doo (they even did the theme song in Thai!), although Shaggy's voice didn't sound quite right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better John!

Dwight

2:20 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home