Monday, September 18, 2006

HONG KONG, CHINA

Once again I'm back in Hong Kong, and once again, I'm doin' it in style! Last month I was met at the airport by my mom and brother; this time it was my old pal Bill Moore who made the trek all the way from suburban Washington, D. C. just to greet me at the Arrivals hall.

Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration--I guess he was already in the area (spending a few days in China, and flying home tomorrow). But anyway it was absolutely great to see him, as it's rare enough we get together when we're in the same country. And to top it off, he had reserved a really nice suite at the swanky Regal Airport Hotel, so it was the lap of luxury for us tonight, baby: high-flow shower, free cocktails and canapes, and those little bottles of shampoo. (See, it's the little things....)

The best part, though, was just hanging out with Bill, who I always realize how much I miss whenever I see him. He really managed to buoy my spirits despite the fact I've had an exhausting few days and have also come down with a nasty head cold. You're the best, buddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home