Monday, June 26, 2006

BANGKOK, THAILAND

There's been a recent complication in our travel plans, as yesterday Chris received word that his mother is in the hospital after being diagnosed with cancer. As a result, he has wisely chosen to fly home to Boston to be with her for the next few weeks as the doctors determine the best course of treatment. Chris left Bangkok this afternoon, and should get to the states by Tuesday morning.

Hopefully in a few weeks we'll be resuming our journey through SE Asia, but right now things are a little up in the air about when Chris will be able to return. So in the meantime, my plan is to stay here in Thailand and maybe do a little traveling on my own. Obviously, this wasn't part of the original plan, so I haven't figured it all out yet, but I'm thinking of getting out of Bangkok in the next few days and heading to some of the beaches and islands of southern Thailand, if possible.

I'll keep everyone updated. Needless to say, my thoughts right now are with Chris, his mother, and family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home