Thursday, February 09, 2006

CORAL COAST, FIJI

I went snorkeling off the beach this morning with Chris. (Yeah I know, I go snorkeling a lot. It's what I do.) We had to swim out pretty far, almost to where the waves break on the fringing reef, in order to see anything. This time, we saw lizardfish, a coris wrasse, a big moray eel, and three lionfish (at least two different species). The lionfish were very cool--these are the first I've seen this trip. We were careful not to get too close, because they're extremely poisonous (CORRECTION: As James has so correctly pointed out, here I mean "venomous." Sheesh.) (Not deadly, but supposedly their sting is very painful). On the way back to the beach, I also saw a banded snake eel.

People met today:
  • Max from Argentina, who works at a restaurant in Auckland, NZ, and is here on holiday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you get too close? If they're poisonous, you only need to worry if you eat them...or did you mean venomous? ;)
James LeBleu

8:04 PM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home