Thursday, May 18, 2006

KUTA, BALI, INDONESIA

The last few days have been pretty uneventful, really. On Tuesday we flew from Labuan Bajo back to Bali, and we've been staying at our old hotel in Kuta.

I'm a little ashamed to admit that one of the first things I did on arrival was to go to Starbuck's and order a grande frappucino with chocolate chips. But sometimes you just have to have one, you know? Especially after a week on Flores, where they don't have such things. (You'd think that with Indonesia being one of the top coffee-growing countries, you could get a decent cup o' joe everywhere, but in most places all they have is instant Nescafe', which of course is just wretched.)

Oh, this was funny: Today while having lunch at a local warung, who should walk by our table but two of the Canadians, Ed and Steph! They've been in Bali since returning from the Gilis, surfing and whatnot. Chris also ran into Smeeta, who flew in yesterday, so we had dinner with her tonight, which was nice.

Mainly I've just been catching up on e-mail, phone calls (surprisingly difficult to make from here) and laundry. I also bought some board shorts and a couple of new T-shirts, as I'm sure y'all are getting tired of seeing me in the same ones in every picture. Funny how I was able to get Etnies and Independent T-shirts for about a tenth of their usual price--I'm sure they're not pirated or anything. :-)

NP: Wendy Carlos, "Song for Bali"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home